Meet the instructors
- Artistic Director of the Harkadot and workshops in Karmiel Festival
- Producer of the Masada Dance Weekend, Israel
- Fulltime Markid in Northern Israel
- Started dancing at age 10
- Software developer born in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Choreographer of 14 dances
- Leads sessions at Gadi Bitton’s Harkadot in Kfar Saba, Tel Aviv University and Beit Dani
- Started dancing in Palo Alto at age 13
MEET THE EVENT COORDINATOR
Karina started Israeli Folk Dancing at age 10 at her local JCC in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Her instant love for it drew her to take a two year teachers course (Ulpan) when she was 17. While attending the training she was offered to teach kids weekly and that marked the beginning of her nonstop career. She went on leading all ages sessions, being also in charge of dance troupes and even managing Israeli Folk Dance Festivals for kids. She was also part of a dance troupe herself.
During the 1990s she was hired by BBYO to lead the dance sessions for the Summer Camp Programs, so she traveled from Argentina for about 10 summers to share her experience with Jewish teens from all over the U.S. In 2002 she moved to California for good; based in L.A. she resumed her teaching at Synagogues, Schools, private events and later leading a weekly couple session. Since 2008 she’s been based in the Bay Area where she runs a weekly adult session as well as classes, parties and more.